Life is a road

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wedding Update

So, I've tried 4 times to write about my wedding and add some pictures. Blogger doesn't like my pictures so when I figure out how to make them work, you'll get some. Until then, just writing. Sorry.

The wedding was great! Rained and poured all day. My family and I helped set up for the reception (outside reception) on friday. We set up easy-up's around the deck with tables and chairs under them. My aunt brought a million of her potted plants from home and a fountain and those got set up all around the deck. It was beautiful!!!

So Saturday morning I got up and got ready. Heather and Hannah did my hair, they were amazing to do that and get themselves ready. Love them. It looked great too :) Cody and I got to the temple early and got ready. Then we had the ceremony, and I heard it was really nice, but I honestly don't remember much about it- I was thinking, come one already, I've waited 4 freakin years for this, lets move it along, I just want to be married! Then when we're standing up there saying "I do" or whatever, I couldn't look at Cody. I knew I would just start crying if I did. Lo and Behold, once Cody started crying, I started crying. Thank you Melissa for beginning the crying circle :)

After that, we walked out and took pictures with the family. I didn't want to take forever cause I wanted to go eat, luckily it went quickly. We dismissed the family and my wonderful Mother and Sister Hannah stayed to help with pictures for Cody and I. Eventually, the rain let up enough to go out and take a picture in front of the Temple. It was nice. Not too cold or anything.

Then came the lunch at grandma and grandpa's house. It was so good!! Wonderful food and company. We had bbq'd chicken and potato salad and watermelon. My extended family all went and Cody's family that came to Cali were all there. It was so fun to sit and chat with everyone on such a happy occasion. After the lunch, Cody and I took our bags to the hotel we stayed in that night. Then raced to my parents house to help set up the rest for the reception. We had chicken salad on croissants, and a melon salad, and delicious cake. Oh and a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!! Yum. We got all dressed up again and greeted people that came. We got to go out and eat, my chocolate wedding cake was amazing, as was the rest of the food. I had 2 friends from High school come, Matt and Garrett. It was so nice that they made an effort to come. And a really old friend from Junior High and before drove all the way up come. That was amazing of her. Thanks Rebecca if you ever read my blog... Probably not... But thanks :)

Chantiel was amazing and helpful all day. She helped make sure I didn't get any chocolate on my dress :) Then we left the reception and enjoyed the wedding night. We did lots of attempted sleep cause we were so freakin exhausted, but the hotel room was kinda gross, so we weren't able to sleep much anyway. In the morning we got up to go hang out with my family and say goodbye to everyone that was leaving. We took naps and ate wedding leftovers. Yummy even the next day! We left for South Lake Tahoe, CA later that afternoon.

It was beautiful up there. It was kinda cold and snowy so we couldn't hike and we didn't have a boat so there wasn't as much to do. We found an activity everyday, besides the obvious honeymoon activity. We had a good time, and had some good food. We left Tahoe on friday afternoon so we could get back to my parents house and get all our stuff. We just hung out and swam on Saturday and loaded up the car. We left Sunday morning for Utah. Sad.

Then we had the reception in Utah on the next friday. It was fine. I didn't know anyone except my bosses (and friends) Branton, Becky and Lindsey, and another coworker Ashley. Oh and Rebecca and Heather (adoptive sister's by a couple marriages)!! I was starving all night cause I was told we were having real food, but all they had was grapes and desserts. Eventually it came to an end and we opened presents back at the in-law's and went home and to bed. I was so exhausted after that too. Long day.

Since the wedding, Cody and I don't do much. The only people we regularly hung out with moved during our honeymoon. Thanks so much Chantiel :) So we hang out at home and watch movies and I have a ballet class. We're boring people :) I would love to have friends again. I'll work on that. My ward seems nice, I'm antisocial so I don't know many people. But I just got called to teach primary. We'll see how that goes.

Well, that's up to date! If I forgot something, I'll add it later. I'll keep trying to add pictures, promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment