Life is a road

Friday, December 14, 2012

Family reunion/Mexico/Thanksgiving

So it's been a little while since I last updated anyone who might be reading this. Since April, we've had lots going on. In July we had a family reunion for my mom's side of the family. Lots of people came and it was so much fun to see them. We made grape shooters, fished in the pond, shot at grandpa's new targets, took family pictures, played games, and ate yummy food!
Sorry he's sideways, I'm too lazy to fix it. Then in August my mom and Hannah came out and went backpacking with Cody and I. Cody's dad and some of Cody's cousins came. It was fun to camp, but backpacking sucks... alot. I hate hiking with 25 lbs on your back. It's not fun, it's not relaxing, it's not enjoyable at all. I don't think I'll be doing that again. I don't have any pictures either to show. Then the next week, Cody and I and a friend ran a half marathon. That was fun! The first 10 miles I was pretty consistant. The last 3.1 were pretty much Hell. It hurt to stop running so I didn't want to, but I was so tired that I had to take a break. Then it hurt to walk. But I finished in 2.5 hours so I'm happy. Cody finished much sooner than me, but he has longer legs... I couldn't walk after that, my feet were so sore. I had to call in sick to primary the next day cause I couldn't get to church. It hurt to move. I was ok after a few days.
THEN was November. All good things in November. My Birthday, MEXICO, Heather's birthday, Thanksgiving... All good things. So Cody and I went with my family to Cabo San Lucas. It was the best. Warm weather, warm ocean, awesome resort, good food, GREAT company, and fun activities. We arrived in Mexico on Tuesday afternoon, by the time we got to the resort, we were tired so we didn't do anything except eat dinner. We went to Costco and Walmart the next day to get food for the week. That wasn't the best day, but it was necessary. Thursday Adam, Heather, Hannah, Richard, Dad, Cody and I went down and rented some snorkel gear and caught a boat to Lovers Beach to snorkel. We hung out at the beach and the pool for the rest of the day. Mom stayed at the resort with Hunter and Tanner, she was amazing like that. Friday we (the same group who went snorkeling) did a zip line course. It was great. The ziplines were super long and they had a repelling section. Hannah and Cody get the bravery awards for the day, cause they are afraid of heights and they still stepped off the cliff to repel. Saturday morning Dad, Hannah, Heather and I went Parasailing. That was so fun. My first time. It feels like you're floating up there. I do have picutres of that :)
Then Saturday afternoon Richard, Dad, Adam and I went on a ATV beach tour. That was the best thing. ATV's, and the beach. We had so much fun. We did have to follow a guy, but everytime he wasn't looking, we would not so much be driving straight behind him. Then he'd turn around and tell us to get back in line. I'm sure he didn't appreciate us much :)
Then when we got back we went to dinner as an early birthday celebration for Heather. The food was great. Then we stopped at Costco and Walmart again to pick up a cake for Heather's birthday the next day. On the way back, Dad took his car (with Cody, Mom and Richard in it) and left before we were ready. We (Heather, Adam, the Kids, Hannah and I) did know how to get back. But we thought we'd take a shortcut. We turned too soon, and our shortcut turned into a long-stuck-in-the-sand-cut. Lucky for us, Mexican's are super nice in Mexico. So many people stopped to help us and get us out. Considering the family that were worried about us at the resort didn't turn on their phones so we could call them, we were so lucky that so many people stopped to help us.
Sunday morning, we went to Sacrament Meeting. They had closed the main road and more for a bike race or something, so finding the church was a chore. We were all over the place, driving the wrong way down one way streets right into police, you know, exciting stuff. We finally made our way there and back. We spent all Sunday at the pool and the beach. Good times. Richard "I don't care what you say, I'm gonna be in the water all day today", Mom "I don't care what you say, me too." Oh Richard :)
Monday we all (except Cody cause he doesn't let anyone touch him and mom because she went Saturday) went and got massages. Mom and Dad bought them as gifts. Best 80 minutes of vacation. I have no words. WAIT, I have Mom and Heather's words... :) Mom "That was a good massage", Heather "How good?", Mom "Better than sex", Heather "And longer too". I know, my family is awesome. And mom will kill me for posting that, but it was just too good to not share. :) Joaquin Pheonix!! After Massages, we just hung out at the ocean and pool. Tuesday we did the pool then flew back to the US, saddest day.
One of those nights, we went night swimming. The ocean is awesome at night. Especially when you're the only ones down there. I can't say why (because we'd sound like goof balls), but my family is hilarious and we had so much fun down there. "I'm running into the ocean!!" Then Cody and I drove home for a week and spent Thanksgiving with My parents and Hannah and Richard. Fun, great food, great company. Cody, Hannah, Steysi and I ran a 10K Thanksgiving morning. We could eat whatever we wanted that day, Good times :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this last picture!! Maybe someday Andy and I will get off the couch and start running again. (Again for him; I could have simply said 'start running' for me) Yay for blogging!

    ReplyDelete