Life is a road

Thursday, May 27, 2010

May Home Visit

I'm at home in California. I love being here. The world is green and smells so fresh like pine trees and rain! especially since it's been raining... I've been here for 6 days and I have to go back to Utah in 3 days. That'll be a sad day. But I guess that's what I get for having moved to Utah in the first place. Cody came for a few days too. That was fun. He, my mom and I went gold panning for a few hours in the rain. I guess they panned, and I read a book. They didn't find anything good. We'll try again when it's warmer. I'll be back end of summer ready to get rich! when the water is tolerably warm.


this is the view from the back deck of the house


and this is just another of the mountains

On Monday, my cousin's husband brought their kids over for dinner with the grandparents and I went in the hot tub with the kids. The oldest, Tommy, jumped in the pool, the very very cold pool. Then he went down the slide. So the next oldest decided he wanted to go down the slide, without telling me. So I had to jump in the pool, the very very cold pool, to help him to the side after he unexpectedly went down the slide, and couldn't swim... good times... very cold... So after that he didn't want to go in the pool anymore. But Tommy wanted to see me go down the slide. So since I was already cold, I decided to go before getting back in the hot tub. I went down the slide and back into the very very cold water. Then I get out and head back to the hot tub to warm my numb body. Tommy yells from the hot tub, I missed it! Do it again! Do it again! So reluctantly, I went back down the slide... Into the water that is so cold, you can't talk, because you can't really breathe!! Finally I headed back in to the hot tub and didn't get hypothermia. Happy day.


this is the pool that we were in, the hottub is about 10 feet above the pool

So that's home! I love it! I hope to get back to California sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment